Rethink dessert! Or just try something new. Here are just a few of the hundreds of ways you can enjoy Nocciolata today.
Brownies with Pistachios & Nocciolata
INGREDIENTS:1 cup Nocciolata
2/3 cup flour
2 tbsp. potato starch
1 stick + 3 tbsp. butter
1 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup sugar
2/3 cup pistachios
for the decoration:
- Melt Nocciolata and butter on top of a bowl with boiling water.
- Whip together egg and sugar in another bowl.
- Add the flour, potato starch and the baking powder, previously mixed together.
- Gently mix in the pistachios.
- Butter a rectangular baking pan. Pour the mixture and let it stand in the fridge for a few minutes. Bake in the oven at 350°F for 20 minutes.
- Cool and cut into squares.
Cake-Pops "I Love You"
1 and 1/3 cup flour
1/4 cup milk
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp spoon of salt
6 tbsp. butter
- Mix together the dry ingredients: flour, yeast, salt.
- In another bowl, blend the milk with the vanilla extract and warm it in the microwave.
- In a third bowl, mix the butter with the sugar for at least 1 and a half minutes, then add the egg, previously beaten. Add the dry ingredients and mix lightly until blended into a soft and homogeneous mixture.
- Using a tablespoon, or an ice-cream scoop, create small balls of mixture and place onto a greased baking sheet and bake until ready.
- Insert sticks into the cake pops and cover them with Nocciolata. For extra decoration, sprinkle with white sprinkles or shredded coconut.
Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies
INGREDIENTS:1 jar (or 2) Nocciolata
2 cups flour
2 and 1/2 cups corn flour
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 stick + 1 tbsp. butter
1 tsp baking powder and
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup rainbow sprinkles
- Cream the butter and sugar together first, then add eggs, corn flour, flour, baking powder and baking soda. Mix well until batter is smooth.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- With a rolling pin covered with flour, roll out the dough on a floured work surface to 0.2 inches thick.
- Cut out the cookies and transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Space cookies about 1½ inches apart.
- Add rainbow sprinkles and then bake for 15 minutes.
- Flip half of the cookies over and spread 2 teaspoons of Nocciolata on each. Top with remaining cookies.